Sunday, May 6, 2012

And I'm Back...

I lost interest in dieting -- yet again.  But I'm back.  I started seeing a doctor about my sudden weight gain issues (and some other girly things) and she diagnosed me with an insulin resistance.  I'm on a special diet, now, that I can prepare at home -- no random pre-packaged cardboard meals! -- and I've lost 11.2 pounds in 11 days.  I'm loving this. 

I've had to learn what my habits are and I'm slowly changing them.  I ate way too much fast food, drank too much diet coke and not nearly enough water, didn't exercise at all, and complained about weighing so much.  Now I don't go to fast food (unless I really want Arby's and then I have the RB & Cheddar without a bun), I drink a GALLON of water a day, and I exercise for half an hour every day -- NO MATTER WHAT.  

No excuses -- I'm doing this.  I thought about deleting this blog and starting a new one, but that wouldn't be being honest with myself.  I started my journey to healthy in January.  I need to acknowledge that I had a stumbling block.  And I need to move forward from here.

My weight history:

January 16: 252.2
February 12: 242.2
March 18: 240.0
April 25: 245.8
May 2: 238.6

TODAY: 234.6!

I have lost nearly 18 pounds since January, and 11.2 since April 25!  Woo-hoo!  I'm going in the right direction now, and I'm going to stick with it!  No more backslides!

No comments:

Post a Comment