Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Weight Loss Journey: Part Two

So... On November 7, I weighed in at the clinic at 196 (56 pounds down). I decided that I needed a break from the strict diet. I knew I was approaching the binge stages and was going to go a little rebellious, so I slowly slipped away from the food list. Most people told me I'd gain it all back and regret that decision, but today I stepped on the scale and I weigh 195.8. Take that! :) Since these were the same people who told me low carb wouldn't work and that I just needed to stop eating, I guess I'm not terribly surprised that they were wrong again. But a year ago, I would have believed everything they said. In addition to having most of my figure back, I also have my self confidence back!!

I'm not blogging about this because I'm proud of being 195 pounds. I'm blogging because I proved that I knew how to manage my own body. I finally understand what I can and can't do. I'm proud of NOT being over 196. And today I'm back on the food list. I've maintained for almost three months. I'm ready to go at it again.

This experience has been about way more than a number on the scale. Ive been trying to prove to myself that I can do this. I can keep it off. And I can do more. My first goal is 180. Lets see what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment