I'm not gonna lie, I've really started to enjoy the questions.
"Oh, Mary, have you lost weight?"
"Look at you! What are you doing to lose so much weight?"
"Keep up the good work!"
But sometimes it helps for me to have a reason that I have a goal. When I started this whole journey, I told my doctor I wanted to be in the "healthy" range of the BMI. That would put me at 155 pounds. Then, when I realized what a daunting task I had given myself, I decided I wanted to be at my "wedding weight," which was roughly 185. But now, I've got my goal set--when I was a senior in high school, I weighed 183 (according to my last sports physical). So my goal is to get there by the end of the year.
I'm not sure what my goal will be after I get to this. But I know I'll be a heck of a lot healthier. I think I still want to know what it feels like to be "healthy" instead of constantly hearing from my doctor that I should think about losing weight. And who knows, maybe my body will decide its capable of making babies if I lose the extra pounds! Only time will tell -- but feel free to tell me if I'm looking good. I don't mind at all. ;-)

No comments:
Post a Comment