There have been several great moments over the past five months. I remember the day I lost 10% of my weight. I remember when my favorite jeans from college fit again. I remember looking in the mirror and not seeing "muffin top." I remember the first time I realized I fit better in the driver's seat. I remember the day I tried on new clothes at the mall and they ALL fit. I remember the day I had to get my ring re-sized from an 8.5 to a 7.5. But today is the best yet. Five months ago, I weighed 252.2 pounds. I had a 49.5" hips and 38" waist. Today, I officially hit ONE-derland! I weighed in at 199.6 and my hips are 41", waist 33.5". I've lost 52.6 pounds -- and more inches than even seems reasonable.
It's funny how those little moments keep you going. And how something as simple as a "1" can make your whole day--er, whole week. On Monday, my dog was sprayed by a skunk. My house now has a very distinct odor. On Tuesday, I sat at the tag office for almost two hours because I needed replacement decals -- only to be told to go to the police department and file a police report. And then, Tuesday night in class, I opened the wrong powerpoint file and had to give two versions of my speech. Needless to say, the second (correct) one was not very eloquently delivered. So I needed a good day. And I got one -- 199.6 pounds. I'm still overweight (technically, I'm still slightly obese), but I feel SO much better.
Health is as much in your head as it is in your body. I was starting to get a bit frustrated with never eating bread and always passing the candy jar. But now, I'm ready to go again. That thirty seconds on the scale this morning kicked off my day perfectly.
No comments:
Post a Comment