Friday, April 5, 2013

Growing Up, Moving On, Letting Go...

This has been a rough weekend.  I always enjoy returning to Oklahoma for Phi Beta Lambda leadership conferences. But this year will be very different--not only is it the last year that Laura and Linda are involved, but it's also my last year helping Oklahoma.  I finished my term as National Treasurer five years ago.  I haven't been a member since--but I realized today that I never really accepted that it was over.  My membership experience -- and it was a great one -- is finished.  Although there will always be things I wish I could change, that's really not an option.  It's time to really embrace that although I never reached my goal of National President, I was one heck of a National Treasurer.  Although I never had my second year, life doesn't always go according to plan.

I never acknowledged that I hadn't accepted it.  I get it now.  I don't want to be a member anymore--I'm not in the place in life anymore.  I just want to be useful--I want to make an impact--I want to help others get as much out of the experience as I got.  Most of the reasons I had for boycotting the national center are gone -- so I guess it's time to join the Professional Division.  Here I come, South Carolina.  You're booming already and I'm ready to help you keep it going!

No comments:

Post a Comment