Friday, May 3, 2013

Losing weight...and finding yourself.

I think I have heard almost all of the people I know say that they need to lose weight. We all see physical flaws in ourselves, probably to a larger extreme than we should. But losing weight is so much more than appearance.

Losing weight definitely changed my physical appearance--and I still have more work to do. But it also helped me find myself again. Because of the weight loss success, I was confident enough in myself to quit my full time job and focus on getting into a doctoral program. I was confident enough to start training for a 5k. And I'm confident enough to try other new things. I look a lot different from the outside looking in---but the real change has been my view from the inside looking out. The world is way more fun for me now. And I can't stop setting goals. I keep adding more.

I read somewhere that it takes 28 days to make a new effort a habit. So every 28 days, we should pick a new piece of ourselves to change--your water drinking habits, your late night snacking, your exercise, your daily steps, your family time, your hobby time.... Whatever it is, make a small change. After a few months, you'll really see the difference.


No comments:

Post a Comment